Job Description for any Project Manager – – Work less but do more is what the Pareto Principle is all about
– Also known as the ‘law from the vital few’ it says that in most situations roughly 80 % of effects originate from only twenty percent from the causes
– It’s been used on almost every human endeavour, from software development to financial investments
– We can also have the Pareto Principle to higher manage projects while keeping focused for the things on our task list that actually make a difference
One common issue for executives is they get excessive information and they are can not has it to determine the real status with the project. They simply want to know in the event the project is on target, off target, and also on or off budget. At the same time, those on the project level usually are not getting enough information to know what may be completed, or what dependencies are impacting their deliverables. A lot of times it’s really a big ugly mess, and then we need to return to components in the communications plan and look at the relationship between a 3-directional approach and 2-dimensional results.
– Creative ideas are valuable for the companies to leverage upon as strategic innovations or incremental enhancements
– Strategic innovations cover areas like changes in business models or game changing products
– A lineman- Tom Terry’s invention of the tool to combat a very dangerous situation is today a trademark safety related product for Verizon
– The incremental changes on the other hand are continuous improvements which require small-scale adoptions by the organization but may give rise to huge benefits in cost savings and increased customer satisfaction
The skills and abilities that can be viewed as a contributing factor can stretch on to infinity. One has to be savvy enough to balance the political factors that could influence a project. On the other hand, you have to also possess a keen understanding on which motivates the team members who are usually from diverse cultures and backgrounds. A grounding inside the dynamics of organizational and team behavior are also regarded as a property to a successful project manager. This is crucial to coordination of concepts and ideas, while having the capacity to delegate the responsibilities needed for execution and monitoring their progress. Thus he/ she should be results oriented and still have well toned inter-personal skills. The ability to walk the thin line between commanding authority and inspiring loyalty at the same time is a large advantage to a successful leader and project manager. Thus, for a project manager being truly effective, one must possess strong leadership skills.
brandsfavor.com – Recently revealing the cutting of as many as one thousand jobs inside the coming months because of weakening conditions, ANZ Banking Group is only the latest on the large list of major businesses that are cutting positions. According to Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, ” may be the tip with the iceberg when it comes to job losses inside year ahead.”